CKE Restaurants Holdings, Inc. owns, operates and franchises some of the most popular brands in the quick-service restaurant industry, including the Carl's Jr.®, Hardee's®, Green Burrito® and Red Burrito® restaurant brands. The CKE system includes more than 3,300 restaurant locations in 42 states and in 28 countries.
The IT Sr. Business Analyst role is ultimately responsible for delivering and leveraging analysis throughout the solution development lifecycle to ensure the optimal development, implementation, integration, user acceptance, and performance of applications, systems, and processes both within and across business functions. Business Analysts are responsible for identifying business needs, assessing the impact of system or process changes, eliciting and documenting requirements, and providing insight to ensure requirements are translated into workable business solutions. The Sr. Business Analyst will provide post implementation support to business stakeholders and end-users to ensure solutions meet the prescribed business requirements.
▪ Develops complex requirements, or leads a team of BAs in the development of requirements, for process or system solutions which may span multiple business domains by partnering with stakeholders and appropriate IT teams (e.g., Solutions Delivery, Infrastructure, Enterprise Architecture); leveraging multiple business requirements gathering methodologies to identify business, functional, and non-functional requirements (e.g., SMART); documenting requirements throughout each stage of the project or initiative to ensure trace-ability; documenting comprehensive business cases to assess the costs, benefits, ROI, and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of proposed solutions.
▪ Provides insight and aids in the evolution of applications, systems, and/or processes to a desired future state by maintaining a comprehensive understanding of how current processes impact business operations across multiple domains; mapping current state against future state processes; identifying value gaps and opportunities for process enhancements or efficiencies; defining the impact of requirements on upstream and downstream solution components; providing insight and influence to management on how to integrate requirements with current systems and business processes
▪ Supports solution design by providing insight at design sessions with IT teams to help translate requirements into workable business solutions; advocating for additional data and/or services as necessary to address key business issues; researching, vetting, and recommending available third-party vendors to management and business leaders as appropriate
▪ Supports solution integration and acceptance testing and provides post implementation support to stakeholders and end-users across multiple business domains by defining user acceptance criteria; performing and overseeing functionality tests to identify solution defects or shortcomings; prioritizing and escalating user problems; partnering with the Training
department to coordinate the development of training materials (e.g., FAQs, user guides, workflow charts) and training delivery as needed; serving as a liaison between business stakeholders and service providers (e.g., IT,
third-party vendors) to manage requests for additional scope or process changes
▪ Supports continuous process improvement for multiple business domains by maintaining a thorough understanding of current business processes and how they functionally align with other business areas; researching competitors and bench-marking industry best practices; recommending process improvements that align with sustainable best practices, and the strategic and tactical goals of the business
▪ Practices self-leadership and promotes learning in others by building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders; communicating information and providing advice to drive projects forward; influencing team members within assigned unit; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; providing feedback to others, including upward feedback to leadership and mentoring junior team members
▪ Conducts or oversees business-specific projects by applying deep expertise in subject area; developing work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines; determining and carrying out processes and methodologies; coordinating and delegating resources to accomplish organizational goals; partnering internally and externally to make effective
business decisions; solving complex problems; escalating high priority issues or risks as appropriate; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities
▪ Participates in company meetings, webinars and conference calls
▪ Performs other duties and/or special projects as assigned in response to changing business conditions and/or requirements
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS/CORE COMPETENCIES
▪ Must possess approximately six (6) years of experience in business analysis or eight (8) years of comparable experience without a degree.
▪ BA/BS Degree preferred in Business Administration, Computer Science or CIS
• Master's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, CIS or related field
• Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA)
• Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP)
• Demonstrated experience implementing modern ERP solutions
• 3 years of work experience in a business role requiring interaction with executive leadership
• 3 years of experience working on cross-functional project teams
• 6 years of experience in business case development and analysis
• 4+ years of IT experience